Thursday, October 22, 2009

Former Techsol President Indicted In Spill

On October 28, 2004 there was a spill of coal tar light oil near Huntington, West Virginia that resulted in contamination of the groundwater and other unfortunate effects. The feds recently indicted James Holt, the president of Techsol Chemical Co. at the time the spill occurred. As this is an example of federal criminal enforcement in Southern West Virginia, I thought I would share the indictment with those who are interested. Thanks to my partner, John Palmer, for providing it to me.

I won't comment more, as we had a role in the environmental side of this, other than to mention that John Palmer reports that Dave Bungard, a fine attorney and former partner, is representing Mr. Holt in this matter. I assume that Perry McDaniel put together the indictment.

No comments:

Post a Comment